As a lactating mommy, you’re probably in the market for a breast pump.We’re here to give you concise and accurate Ameda breast pump reviews to help you make your decision.
I was a lactating mom myself a year ago (and some years ago, since I am a proud mommy of 3 healthy boys). The truth of the matter is, until I tried an Ameda electric breast pump, I thought all electric pumps were the same.
After so many problems with hairline cracks, pumps that lost suction, and just about anything that could go wrong with pumps, I ended up wanting to give up pumping for my third son.
But I logged on to Amazon and serendipitously found Ameda! Thank goodness for accidental discoveries, or I would have forever given up pumping!
So what is Ameda’s promise?
The brand, which has been around for over 70 years, promises to deliver unmatched service and quality to its customers.
It was founded by Einar Egnell, a Swedish engineer, whose passion for helping breastfeeding mothers is reflected in his establishment of today’s standards on cycling and vacuum capacities of breast pumps.
But before I start rambling about how I love the brand, let me give you my top choices.
To make reading through the reviews easier for you, I’ve decided to divide it into different parts – product description, customer ratings, advantages, and disadvantages.
Ameda Breast Pump Reviews – The Top 5
This hospital grade pump has a dimension of 15 x 14.2 x 14.2 inches and a total weight of 12 pounds.
It features Ameda’s SMBTM waveform and VacuSenseTM Technology, completely adjustable speed and suction levels, built-in holders for bottles and flanges, an LCD screen, and a timer.
- It is easy to change speed and suction settings when using this Ameda electric breast pump because it’s digital display on an LCD screen.
- Plus, customers say that this pump has incredible power since it can simultaneously pump both breasts.
- Also, the timer is a fantastic feature that allows you to sit back and relax while the pump does it job.
- Whoa, the price is so extreme, valued at almost $2,000! This product is certainly expensive. Another problem (depending on how you perceive it as a mommy) is its weight.
- At 12 pounds, it certainly is not easy to carry around…unless you’re a weight lifter.
This hospital-grade model weighs 6.5 pounds and has a 16.1 x 16.1 x 13.2 inches dimension. It has an electric, piston-driven Ameda breast pump that utilizes a microprocessor technology to give mommies the piston cycle and vacuum choice that best fits their need.
It also comes with bottle holders, freezer bags, and a 12V car power adaptor.
- It’s so sleek and posh-looking! Plus, it has a lightweight design so you can carry it anywhere! This Ameda product is so good that it is a top choice product of many hospitals and birthing clinics!
- Also, if you plan to have more than one child, it would be good to invest in this product because it lasts longer than the regular pumps.
- It’s not easy on the pockets, as it costs over a thousand dollars. Then again, your one thousand dollars wouldn’t go to waste if you get this model!
This item is a portable dual hygiene milk collection system that is not only BPA free but is also ergonomic. It’s extremely light and small as it weighs only 2.2 pounds and has a 6 x 9 x 10 inches dimension.
It comes with a small lunch bag type of tote. The tote itself is insulated to maintain freshness of newly bottled breast milk.
- Breast flanges for the model come in different sizes and are sold separately, so you don’t have to buy the entire system if you want to change the size of your flange.
- Also, its handle’s swivel grip design lessens mothers’ concerns about muscle fatigue that could happen when manually pumping milk.
- The model has been discontinued by Ameda although they can still be bought online through specific retailers.
- Anyway, because Ameda no longer mass produces this model, it might difficult to replace spare parts when needed.
- But you know what? You can get the newer electric version, too.
This Ameda Purely Yours Electric Breast Pump comes with two 25.0mm breast flanges and one tubing adapter that allows mothers to shift between dual and single pumping.
Two milk storage bottles with specially designed lock-tight lids, two valves, two diaphragms, an AC power adapter, and a carrying tote. It’s BPA free, and it weighs around 8 ounces with dimensions of 14 x 7.8 x 11.6 inches.
- The suction is superb, and the speed adjustment is very helpful. Even the size of the tote bag is perfect for the pump and all its accessories.
- Plus, it takes approximately 7 minutes to pump enough milk for storage.
- Considering the very short pumping time, this is the perfect Ameda Purely Yours double electric breast pump to take to work!
- It can get a bit noisy when it does its job, but who cares about the noise when you’re pumping all that milk?
Weighing 2.4 pounds this pump is the perfect partner of any regular baby bottle or freezer bags.
This BPA and DEHP free product come with a lunch box type tote bag for easy carriage, 2 120ml milk bottle, one 25.0 mm breast flange and 2 sealing lids. This item is suitable for mothers who occasionally pump.
- Mommies who buy this item will be pleasantly surprised by the freebies that come with the package. You’ll get sample packs for NoShow Premium Disposable Nursing Pads and Store’N Pour Milk Storage Bags!
- This breast pump model also has six different sizes for breast flange to accommodate changes that mothers might experience with their breasts as a result of giving birth.
- The flanges are sold separately, so it can cost more money if you keep on changing flange size.
What kind of pump should you get?
If you have noticed, there are two main categories for Ameda breast pumps. There are Ameda electric breast pumps and Ameda manual breast pumps.
If you’re a mommy who pumps more than once a day, get the electric kind. On the other hand, you can save yourself some money with Ameda’s manual pumps if you only pump once a day or less.
If you have trouble breastfeeding because your baby is a premature, a hospital grade electric (like the one I reviewed above) pump is what you need.
How’s that decision coming along? Have these Ameda breast pump reviews helped you?
So, what do you think? Well, you don’t have to tell me because I know that you can’t wait to purchase your very first Ameda breast pump! Oh, I am so excited for you! Whichever model is your choice, you will never go wrong with Ameda.
All products from the brand are so amazing and long-lasting that you won’t have to worry about having to replace them a few months after your purchase.
They’re so great that I actually wouldn’t be surprised if one of these days, you will write your own Ameda breast pump reviews just to give the brand and the items the justice and appreciation they deserve!