Parenting. It can be a daunting task at the very best of times, and new parents in particular need all the help they can get. Fortunately, in modern times, we are blessed and cursed at the same time, with the invention of the smartphone, and the subsequent existence of ‘Apps’.
Some apps can frustrate us (Flappy Bird) however others can leave us wondering how we ever survived without them. For new parents, here are the top 5 apps that will leave you wondering “How would I ever get by without it!”
It is the ultimate personalised app for your new baby – for iPhone, and iPad!
This brilliant app includes:
• Multi-user “share” mode that syncs information across devices so you can share updates with your partner or nanny
• Multiple child function tracks twins and all of your other little ones in a single app
• Great milestones section that lets you capture your little one’s biggest moments, share them on Facebook – and export them to a gorgeous eBook!
• Sleeping, feeding, pumping, solid food, nappy, growth, and immunisation trackers
• Convenient medical records tool, MD visit planner, and medication monitors
• Customisable alerts for feeding, pumping and medications
• Innovative, personalised home page that showcases all of your baby’s daily activities
• Monthly development updates
• Handy and fun daily tips
• Attractive and innovative personalised homepage shows a summary of your baby’s daily activities
• Sleep tracking tool times, records and charts your baby’s sleep patterns
• Breast feeding tool times, records and charts each nursing session
• Bottle feeding tool tracks and charts the your breast milk or formula feeding sessions
• Solid food tool tracks solid food and how baby responds to it
• Pumping tool helps you track and chart your breast milk production
• Nappy tracker tool records and charts each nappy change – pee, poo or both – with bowel movement colour and texture tracking
• Growth tracker records and charts height, weight and head sizes as your infant grows and compares them with WHO percentiles
• Immunisation tracker records your baby’s immunisations and any reactions
• Medical records tool allows you to keep a comprehensive record of your baby’s wellness checkups and sick visits, plan for upcoming doctors’ visits and track medications your baby is taking
350+ baby development-boosting activities for infants 0-12 months. Designed by experts, used by parents around the world. BabySparks gives you the activities, milestone information and customized programs to support your baby.
PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY= IMPROVED DEVELOPMENT
The first months and years of life are the most critical time for your child’s development. Consistently reinforcing a broad range of positive experiences makes strong connections in the brain and helps enhance your child’s progress, which will have a lifetime impact.
BabySparks activities have been designed by leading child development experts to help you do the right things at the right time in the right way. The best part? Each activity is just about playing with your baby, so you have the benefit of great quality time together too.
DIRECT ACCESS TO CRITICAL MILESTONE & DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION:
– All relevant content about key milestones in one place –specific to your baby’s age and organized by development category
– Information provided by month: explore what’s coming next
All of our activities and development information are organized by critical areas of development: Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Cognitive, Speech, Sensory, Self Care and Social-Emotional.
The Wonder Weeks
A CALENDAR EXPLAINING THE DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR BABY: WHY YOUR BABY IS FUSSY, SLEEPS POOR AND EATS LESS DURING SET TIMES AND HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR BABY.
The Wonder Weeks worldwide bestselling baby app is now a (native) iOS app! A personalized daily calendar of your baby’s development that will keep you informed about the (mental) leaps and bounds and the fussy phases of your baby — any time of day or night. This baby calendar app won prizes in several countries as BEST PARENTING APP!
Think of it as a portable, at-a-glance version of the calendar leap chart in The Wonder Weeks. Where the book describes in-depth and easy-to-understand terms the incredible developmental changes your baby goes through, the app is the perfect leap calendar companion to track your baby’s mental development (during the first 20 months). By knowing what is going on inside the head of your baby, you can help him to make the leap more easily and stimulate his development.
The Wonder Weeks app helps new parents by:
– Calendar Showing when your baby makes a leap in his mental development
– What your baby can understand & learn after this mental leap
– What your baby can do after this leap
– What you can do to help your baby
This app is also a handy reminder for new parents when their baby’s brain is changing, or “leaping,” the baby is making a significant advance in mental development, and with each step forward comes a drastic change in the way your baby sees the world around him. Because these leaps come so quickly, the “new world” and new abilities can sometimes be scary, and the development can initially manifest in poor sleep, bad appetite, crying, clinging and crankiness – exhausting and frustrating mom and dad.
From the world’s most trusted pregnancy brand “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”, this app guides you through pregnancy day-by-day and week-by-week (even hour-by-hour!) on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Based on your due date, you’ll receive personalized content, the latest parenting news and health information, and access to a tight-knit community of other parents and moms-to-be like you. You’ll get tools and support to help you prepare and feel in control every step of the way – helping you achieve a happy, healthy pregnancy. Once baby is born, you’ll get answers, advice, and guidance as you navigate life as a new parent.
· Personalized daily tracker shows your week and day of pregnancy, baby’s development measured in fruit sizes, and a countdown to your due date
· The What to Expect Pregnancy Clock for Apple Watch – with daily countdowns to clock your progress, useful, actionable tips synchronized to the time of day, and weekly information about your baby’s growth.
· Emotional support in a personalized, daily feed with fresh curated content including pregnancy tips, reasons to smile every day, health news, and passionate stories from real parents
· Beautiful, clear, and informative week-by-week development info, helping you understand your changing body and the latest on baby’s development through each stage
· Week-by-week pregnancy videos help you understand your changing body and the latest on baby’s development through each stage
· Community photo sharing lets you connect with other moms in a whole new way – sharing photos, stories, advice in real-time, and arranging meet-ups with moms like you.
· Find the right group for you based on your birth month, location, interest, medical condition, parenting style, and more!
Tell your beautiful baby stories with handcrafted artwork on photos.
The artwork, exclusive to Obaby, includes an extensive range of milestones, classic baby sayings, and special moments from pregnancy and adoption, all the way up to age two. The illustrations were made by four well-known, big hearted artists, and express a multitude of special baby moments.
Here is a snapshot of what’s inside… an ultrasound… 😉
HOW IT WORKS: Pick a pregnancy or baby photo; crop it; select from among hundreds of illustrations; choose the size, color, and position of the artwork; then save and share. Done.
ARTWORK CATEGORIES: The illustrations are divided into 11 categories: dates, doodles, borders, anytime, announcements, pregnancy, labor & birth, adoption, first year, second year, and family & friends. Each category contains between 14-50+ illustrations with the purchase of the app. See more details below.
ADDITIONAL ARTWORK: Across all of the categories there are 17 additional artwork packs that can be unlocked for use within Obaby. The packs can be unlocked individually OR everything can be unlocked for a steep discount. Examples of these packs include the trouble pack, moody foody pack, firsts pack, belly things pack, and 13 others spanning a huge range of special moments.
PRICING: With the purchase of this app you receive 300+ illustrations, with 350+ more available via in-app purchases. We’ve also given you the option of simply unlocking all the artwork for a 40% discount. The ‘Unlock All’ option includes ALL future additions to the app, as well. We highly recommend it.