The miracle of nourishing your baby from your own body. It’s amazing isn’t it!
Nucleus Medical Media brings a “behind the scenes” look at breastfeeding…(Link to video at bottom.)
Breast milk is produced in the mammary glands. It then travels through milk ducts to the opening in your nipples. As your baby drinks, your body releases these hormones:
- Prolactin (controls production)
- Oxytocin (controls the release)
Benefits of Breastfeeding and Breast Milk for Baby:
- Optimal balance on nutrients
- Antibodies that support the immune system
- Reduces the risk of asthma, allergies, colic, obesity, diarrhea, and certain ear and lung infections
- Provides nutrients that are easily digested
- Reduces risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Mother
- Convenient and inexpensive nourishment for baby
- Lose excess body weight
- Helps uterus contract after delivery
- Increase bond between you and baby
4 Positions For Breastfeeding
(This one works for one or two!)
Breastfeeding is instinct to babies, but you may need to adjust to help baby latch on. Newborns nurse 8-12 times a day.
Info via Nucleus Medical Media. You can watch the video here: Breastfeeding
What position works best for you?
For more related articles read our other posts: