You and Your Newborn…
“It’s amazing how such a little person can turn the whole world around.”
There is so much going on and so much to adjust to. New parents can be prepared to be more emotionally and physically drained than ever before, but also to love someone more than ever before.
Target Australia talks the first 6 weeks:
Helping You Cope And Prepare With The “Newness” Of Your Newborn:
- Know they will need to eat… a lot.
- Sleep deprivation will happen.
- Life with someone who is dependent on you.
- A lot of crying. (Possibly you and baby.)
Things you can do:
- Help baby to feel secure (swaddling is great.)
- Nurse and hold.
- Talk and comfort baby.
- Look after baby, obviously, but after yourself, and significant other too!
Also, learn baby’s cues. These are everything from sleeping patterns to reflexes. Learn More Here
Any advice for the first 4-6 weeks with baby? Leave it in the comments…
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Baby Care Tips and Trends From Around the Globe - July 5, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Baby Care For New Moms - June 1, 2018
- 8 Things To Do With Your Baby This Summer - May 23, 2018