Are you choosing bottle feeding over breastfeeding?
While breastfeeding is the natural way to go, there are some reasons you may want to choose bottle feeding over breastfeeding. These could include exhaustion, being on medications, certain illnesses, and more. If you find yourself needing to switch from breastfeeding to bottles, here are some tips:
- Simulate the natural nipple
- Be patient
- Start mixed if possible (bottle, breast, bottle, breast)
- Squeeze a bit of breast milk onto bottle to set off reflex
Switching From Breastfeeding to Bottle Feeding
If you want to try a mixed method…
Combination Bottle and Breastfeeding
Not everything you wish happens, not as you want it to happen.
Ysis was advised to bottle feed so her baby’s weight could be monitored…
Wondering about the pros and cons of bottle over breast?
Ready to pump? Check out:
One mom shares how she pumped and fed her daughter breast milk for 11 full months, and offers support for others interested in doing the same.
Every situation is different and you must decide what is best for you and your child. Breast milk is the most nutritious, but not always feasible. Parenting will never be a perfect situation. What are your thoughts on bottle over breast, or vice versa?
Featured image source: www.pixabay.com
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 7 Things to Know About Breastfeeding in Public - July 16, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Baby Care For New Moms - July 12, 2019
- DIY Baby Food – 3 Easy Recipes to Get You Started - July 4, 2019