As it has been said, necessity is the mother of all invention and that couldn’t be truer of foster mom Hindi Zeidman’s company. It began when she acquired a baby to her care that was restless, small yet strong. Hindi knew the power of swaddling and felt that it could comfort this new baby Oliver who was now in her care. The problem? Nothing seemed to hold him.
“Although he was really little he had strong muscles and could kick out of everything.” ~Today Parents
Zeidman began to come up with her own swaddling solutions for Oliver and at last found a creation that worked.
Once Zeidman had a swaddle that worked, Oliver started sleeping, eating and learning how to calm himself, and then Zeidman was able to work with him on attachment and developmental milestones. Less than a year later, in 2009, he was adopted.~Today Parents
Happy Ending to the story, but it doesn’t end there. Enter the Ollie Swaddle. With her creation, Hindi Zeidman launched her own company, The Ollie World, in February of 2010.
A Breakthrough In Baby Care With The New Way To “Swaddle”
Learn more about the story behind Ollie Swaddle. A beautiful Love…
Other foster parents struggled with keeping Oliver because he was difficult, struggling to eat and sleep. I, on the other hand, was in love, and so I began my journey with Oliver committed to seeing him flourish.
- Eases the transition from the womb.
- Decreases irritability while promoting self-soothing.
- Encourages calming to increase bonding.
- Enhances quality of sleep to improve rest and cycle regulation.
- Decreases the risk of hip dysplasia.
- Assists in reducing the Moro reflex or spontaneous arousal.
- Helps to maintain supine position.
- Helps to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Preterm infants show improved neuromuscular development, less physiological distress, better motor organization, and more self-regulation abilities.
via The Ollie World website
For more related articles read our other posts: