Yes, that’s right. Pool noodles. The ultimate parenting hack for parents of babies and toddlers.
First, let me say right up front that they’re not PERFECT, mainly because babies can still sink their itty-bitty, sharp little teeth into them and bite off a perfectly sized choking hazard. I know, very bad, right?
But for the most part, in my experience, once they’re used to them babies will just ignore them and lose the impulse to snack on pool noodle throughout the day.
With that said, just check out all of these wonderful uses for the versatile pool noodle!
Bumps Be Gone
Soften those coffee table edges, or any sharp edges really, by cutting the noodle lengthwise and then cutting it to size. Use duct tape if you want it extra secure!
No More Under-the-Couch Adventures
Keep your little ones from reaching under the couch to grab runaway toys buy tucking a pool noodle under the edge of the sofa. If you can, zip tie it to keep it from rolling away.
Stop the Slamming
Need a simple, super-quiet door stopper to keep your little one from pinching their little fingers in the door? Just cut about a 6-inch section of noodle, slice it lengthwise, and slide it over the upper edge of your door. Voila! Safe little fingers!
If your kiddo is like mine, you probably find them under tables quite often. To keep them from bumping their heads on table legs, just wrap the legs in pool noodles!
You can also use pool noodles to:
- Cover the metal sliding door runner on the edge of the tub
- Pad the sharp wall corners or desk corners in areas Baby likes to play
- Line the top of the crib so Baby doesn’t chew on the wood (but wrap it in thick fabric so Baby doesn’t chew on the noodle!)
Ah, I could go on and on!
Instead, here’s an added bonus … pool noodles aren’t just for safety. They’re fun, too!
Check out the video below for some super cute Pool Noodle Play Ideas.
Latest posts by Reese (see all)
- Best Breastfeeding Diet for High-Quality Breast Milk - March 14, 2019
- 5 Things Newborn Babies Need (and It’s Not Stuff) - January 31, 2019
- Baby’s First Valentine’s Day Outfit - January 29, 2019