New Moms have so many things to organize when they have their first baby.
Deciding on the best breast pump for you is one of those!
We have done the hard work and found the six best breast pumps for first-time moms.
When deciding on a breast pump there are a few important factors to consider:
- Efficiency – Research how long it takes for the pump to get a full bottle of milk.
- Comfort – Read reviews on how comfortable the breast pump is to use, especially if you are going to use it multiple times every day.
- Portable – Do you need to take it to work and does it come with a carry bag? Is the unit lightweight?
- Easy to clean – Does the pump come apart for easy cleaning and is it dishwasher safe?
- Sound – Do you want the breast pump to be quiet and discrete? There are many pumps available that have low pumping sound – perfect to take while traveling, to use at work or during the night.
- Cost – Set a budget on how much you want to spend and stick to it! Breast pumps come in a range of prices!
- The frequency of use – Will you be using it every day, multiple times a day or only once in a while?
- Manual vs. Electic Pump – Manual pumps are hand operated and ideal for occasional use. Electric pumps need the power to run and are fantastic if you require using the pump multiple times a day.
Table of Contents
- Best Breast Pumps
- The top 6 Breast Pumps for first time Moms are:
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with On the Go Tote
- Spectra Baby USA S2 Double/Single Breast Pump
- Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
- Phillips Avent Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Phillips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
- Kinyo FDA Dual-Core Bilateral Breast Pump Electric Milk Pump Suction with All Accessories
Best Breast Pumps
The top 6 Breast Pumps for first time Moms are:
Designed for moms that pump multiple times a day, this is one of the best breast pumps for working moms.
The set comes with superior features such as a tote bag with an integrated motor unit, AC adaptor, built-in bottle holders to help prevent spills, removable cooler bag and a battery pack that lets you pump anytime and anywhere.
It also has a 2 phase expression technology that will give you more milk in less time.
Finally, the Medela Pump is a favorite with many moms as it is comfortable to use and is silent and discrete. Therefore it’s perfect for using in the workplace.
- Comes with a handy tote bag.
- Comfortable and is quick to pump.
- Not very convenient for travel use.
- Comes with lots of parts and tubing that need to be connected.
- Medela requires power or lots of batteries to work.
The Spectra Baby S2 Breast Pump is a quiet and comfortable breast pumps. It has a closed system which is hygienic for you and your baby, and
With its very affordable price, it comes with everything you need for double pumping, a night light and timer, and a comfortable yet sturdy adjustable suction. It has a digital control that allows you to set the speed and pumping rhythm to suit your body.
The S2 is a hospital grade pump and recommended for moms that exclusively pump.
- Super quiet.
- Spectra comes with a night light and timer.
- Minimal parts to clean.
- Doesn’t take batteries.
- While using dual pump the suction may not be as strong.
As a #1 best seller in manual breast pumps, this is a favorite amongst many first time moms.
The single breast pump design is ideal for the occasional use and is considered as one of the best breast pumps for stay at home moms.
Its lightweight design means it is portable and discreet. It has a soft-touch, ergonomic swivel handle that makes manual pumping comfortable and all parts are BPA free that come into contact with the breast milk.
Furthermore, the Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump will suit most budgets with its affordable price, and best of all it is quiet which makes it the ideal pump to take if you are traveling.
- Lightweight, portable and discreet.
- Easy to use.
- Fewer parts to clean.
- Can have suction problems.
- The pump connected to the bottle can fall over easily allowing milk to leak out if you do not use the supplied stand.
The Phillips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump is an electric breast pump that provides comfort and works quickly by allowing you to pump from both breasts at the same time by a touch of a button.
The small pump features three flow settings, is simple to use, and the parts are dishwasher safe – perfect for busy moms!
Another great feature is how lightweight the unit is. The travel bag makes for easy storage when not in use and the soft massaging cushion gently stimulates breast milk flow by imitating baby’s natural sucking pattern.
- Comes with a carry bag and is lightweight.
- Soft massaging cushion gently stimulates breast milk flow.
- Easy to control.
- Is loud when the pump is on.
- Needs power to work.
The Phillips Avent Manual Breast pump is considered as one of the best breast pumps for stay at home moms. The pump is also compatible with other Phillip Avent products.
The pumps small size makes it great for discreet use and storage, and you can also use one of the Phillips Avent steam sterilizers, making it easy to sanitize.
An affordable manual pump fantastic to use while traveling and the occasional use. It’s quiet, and efficient design has many moms highly recommending it.
- Comfortable and efficient.
- Good suction.
- Ideal for travel.
- Comes with a ‘one size fits all’ pump, which may not be suit some moms.
- The handle can start to squeak after a few uses.
The Kinyo breast pump is becoming a
Features include an LCD screen, strong electric milk pump with 9 level adjustment and a 2-phase expression technology that supports a fast sucking massage function.
It is one of the most silent electric breast pumps and is perfect for the middle of the night pumping.
Moms love the Kinyo breast pump because it is easy to set up and use. It is super efficient, and the parts are also dishwasher safe which makes for quick clean ups.
An affordable breast pump that is worth investigating.
- The pump unit is silent.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Suction hoses can fall out.
- Doesn’t take batteries.
Overall, when choosing a breast pump it is important to get one that fits your budget, is comfortable to use and also meets the needs of you and your baby.
Finally, there are many styles, designs, and brands to choose. However, it is clearly obvious that the Medela and Phillips breast pump range is trusted by many moms, which supports why it is in our top 6 best breast pumps for first-time moms.
Featured Image Source from www.pixabay.com
Product Images from www.amazon.com
Latest posts by Jenelle (see all)
- Spooktacular Halloween Baby Birthday Party Ideas - October 24, 2019
- Are You Ready for Baby’s First Haircut? - April 4, 2018
- Cloth Diapering On a Budget – Is This the Answer to Survive On One Income? - May 4, 2017