A Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair Review
If you’re thinking that I seem to love the Tripp Trapp High Chair, you are definitely on the right track! There are so many high chairs out there, several of which are expensive and definitely not worth their price.
But through this Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair review, I’ll show you how this simple chair is worth every penny that you would spend on it. Why do I trust this product so much? Suffice it to say I am stoked by Stokke’s dedication to high quality.
Their products help you cherish your everyday moments with your family!
I come from a family that values spending time together and fostering positive relationships among family members. So it is incredibly important for me to purchase only items that could facilitate positive building relationships. As a brand, Stokke has given me exactly what I need.
Stokke’s products are designed in a way that promotes attachment, security, and safety between parents and their children. Hence, many of their products employ “parent-facing” and a “higher-is-better” style in their designs.
Aside from these, Stokke has made it a point to innovate designs that combine functionality, comfort, ergonomics and aesthetics. Do not be surprised if its fan-base would tell you that Stokke remains stylish and classic over the years, well after its competitors lose their appeal.
But before I ramble on and on about the brand and my love for it, let me go back to the main purpose of this review. I’m here to give you details about the Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair, so let’s get our gears going!
Main Criteria – what should you really be looking for when you are in the market for high chairs?
[su_list icon=”icon: check-square-o” icon_color=”#0db807″]
- First, you have a growing child, so it’s a must for the high chair also to grow with your child. This means then that it should feature a mechanism that would allow you to use it from babyhood to toddlerhood. You might even want to consider its lifetime usage.
- Second, invest in a high chair that can support a heavy load. Since you’re taking good care of your baby, gaining weight is inevitable. Whether or not your child learns a lot of pounds, you don’t want weight related accidents or concerns.
- Third, get a high chair that can save space. It doesn’t matter if you have a big house or a small one, extra space is necessary when you have a growing family. Space is also essential so that everyone, particularly the younger members, could move around freely.
- Fourth, buy a high chair that has great functionality e.g. it can be used as a child’s computer seat, or as corner room furniture on which you could put some home décor. Your baby will not be a baby forever, and when that baby grows up – what in the world will you do with a high chair? Unless you have plans of having another child, that high chair’s bound to accumulate cobwebs. So yes, remember functionality when you shop for a high chair. I’d even go as far as to say that meeting this criterion give particular high chairs an edge over others.
- Fifth but not the least, spend only what’s necessary for the high chair. You don’t want to overspend or underspend. Get one that’s perfect for your wallet and for your needs.
Product Overview – what does the Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair offer?
Stokke’s Tripp Trapp High Chair has taken things to a high level. For one, it has a footrest, which they call a footplate!
I don’t know about you, but I think that the footrest is a genius touch! Sometimes babies in high chairs squirm because they feel uncomfortable when their legs dangle too long.
Some studies show that high chairs reduce the body’s stabilization support, so babies fidget to find a space somewhere in the high chair where they could rest their feet.
The Tripp Trapp’s footplate eliminates the problems of fidgeting. The footplate is also adjustable. Similar to the footplate, Tripp Trapp’s seat is adjustable, so your baby can still use it as he or she progresses through his or her development.
An adult can even use the seat because it can carry up to 85kgs of weight! Appearance-wise, the Tripp Trapp is made of European beech wood and is 78 cm in height, 46 cm in width and 49 cm in length.
It also weighs light at 15.4 pounds. Furthermore, the Tripp Trapp’s paint is non-toxic and water-based, making it a safe choice for your baby. Also, it is free from phthalates and bisphenol so it has no harmful substances that could endanger your baby’s health.
For physical safety purposes, the Tripp Trapp features extended gliders for backward stability. You can also avail of an optional baby set and safety harness to keep your baby secured throughout mealtime.
Stokke has also made a cushion available for purchase to add more safety and comfort to your baby’s feeding experience. Overall, the design of the high chair makes it easy for parents to bring it close to the dining table for easy feeding.
It also addresses normal cleaning if there are food spills. Finally, to ensure that parents can maximize its usage, the Tripp Trapp comes with a manual for the correct positioning of the seat and footplate.
It also comes with a 7-year warranty for its wooden parts. This means that you have 7 full years for maximizing its usage and still have the chance to replace wooden parts under warranty!
Considering the Criteria – how competent is the Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair?
I wrote down five criteria, and for each of them, I am proud to say that the Tripp Trapp can compete. Again, Stokke designed its products in a manner wherein functionality, ergonomics, aesthetics, and child development is rolled into one.
Still, I acknowledge that there may still be some things that could cause a slight concern about the product. To explain my point, let’s dissect the product into its pros and cons.
So what are its pros?
The Tripp Trapp High Chairs have several advantages as indicated in the next bullets.
[su_list icon=”icon: check-square-o” icon_color=”#0db807″]
- First of all, both the seat and the foot plate are adjustable, so it actually accommodates children of different ages.
- Second, the minimalist and classic design of the high chair helps it blend with adult furniture. Aesthetically, this is an advantage as many high chairs looks out of place everywhere in the house but the dining room.
- Third, some customers had said that when their kids were older, they started using it as a computer chair. That’s a wow kind of thing right there!
- Fourth, it’s so durable, it can carry up to 85kgs. I’ve never heard of any other high chair that could do that! Fifth, the design promotes parent-child bonding time- this is critical for your baby’s growth.
- Sixth, it saves space too because it doesn’t look as bulky as other high chairs. Lastly, did I mention that there are so many color options for it! So yeah, the Tripp Trapp is an excellent product!
And what are its cons?
The one disadvantage of the Tripp Trapp high chair is that it does not come with free accessories. You need to buy them separately, so this can be a bit of a put-off. [amazon_textlink text=’The high chair alone is already expensive at $249 in Amazon’ asins=’B01BBOZ3FA’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbcaremag-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’401825d3-06a7-11e9-b1bb-798b9743af2c’].
The tray, for instance, would cost you approximately $49 on top the amount that you will pay for the high chair. When you also purchase the baby set, you will pay about $367 for the whole package.
That’s a lot of money for a high chair. Still, as I have already said earlier in this review, because of its pros, it’s worth every penny you spend on it.
In Conclusion – Wrapping up this Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair Review
On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give the Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair an entirely big fat number 10! I know, I know, it still has its cons, but what product doesn’t have cons, eh? Anyway, I hope that my Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair review has helped you decide to go for Stokke!