We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Isn’t breastfeeding amazing?
Aren’t you in awe of how your body can make the most perfect food for your child?
Of course, breastfeeding is not always easy. Almost all mothers who are breastfeeding worry at some point about whether or not they are producing enough milk for their child.
Since we can’t measure breast milk intake the same way we do formula, it’s easy to feel insecure about your breast milk supply. The percentage of mothers who actually can’t produce enough to feed their child is exceptionally rare, but if you are worried that maybe you are not supplying as much as you could be, there are a few things you can do to boost your production.
One of the easiest ways to give your body a leg up is to be conscious of what you are eating. Your body needs the raw materials to make breast milk, and eating more nutritious food plus drinking more water are the first steps to boosting your breast milk supply with nutrition.
We have compiled a list of food and recipes made you give your body all the help it needs to keep your little one fat and happy.
Essential Foods To Boost Your Breast Milk Supply
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Sweet Potato
- Balanced Amount of Healthy Oils and Fats
- Plenty of Water!
Another important factor to consider is your weight. Many new mothers go on a diet after birth to begin losing some of that baby weight. Although it’s good to be healthy, a diet where you are restricting calories and losing weight can affect your body’s ability to produce milk. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons and not make any sudden or shocking changes to your body’s routine.
Remember, Baby only needs your breast milk for a limited amount of time! She’ll be off breast milk, and you’ll get your pre-baby body back, sooner than you think.
Delicious Recipes To Supercharge Your Breast Milk Supply!
If you’re looking for some ways to get creative in the kitchen while still improving your milk production check out these fun recipes.
- Choc Chip Lactation Cookies
- Lactation Biscuit Recipes
- Banana Milkshake
- Vegan Apple Pie Muffins
Other Ways to Increase Lactation!
- Nurse frequently. Your breast milk supply is a result of demand – bringing your baby to the breast is the demand that creates supply.
- Switch nurse. (Switch sides 3 or more times during each feeding.)
- Rest and relax. Sleep when the baby sleeps.
- Add pumping sessions, but do not replace feeding sessions with pumping. Pumping is useful when the baby is not nursing frequently enough, or in addition to regular feedings.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Look into supplementing your diet with a galactagogue.
Happy breastfeeding, Momma!