If you’re a first-time mom, you’ll be surprised by the amount of stuff you’ll need to pack for Baby when you travel.
To make your next trip easier (and so you don’t forget any vital stuff when traveling with Baby!), check out our baby travel checklist below. We’ve also included a free printable from FrugalFanatic.com at the bottom of the post!
Also, you should start packing a few days in advance and keep marking things off on your list. That’ll relieve much of the traveling-with-baby stress.
QUICK TIP: Pack tiny socks and shirts in their own zipped bags so you don’t have to hunt around for them.
Baby travel checklist – the Basics
One for each hour in transit is a good rule of thumb.
2. Plastic Bags
Carry a variety of sizes to store your soiled diapers and baby clothes.
3. Baby Sling or Front Carrier
This is lightweight and allows you a hands-free way to keep your baby close.
4. Diaper Bag
A diaper bag with a shoulder strap and water proof lining is easy to carry and will keep any leaks from happening. Put an extra outfit or two just in case of leaky diapers and spit up. Pack toiletries and medicines in resealable plastic bags.
Baby Travel Checklist
Money & Documents
- Cash /credit cards/debit/ATM cards (make sure these work where you’re visiting)
- Driver license
- Consent letter from non-traveling parent if traveling solo
- Photocopies of passport & driver license packed separately in case ID is lost or stolen
- Calling card & number for out-of-country calls
- Health & travel insurance documents
- Vaccination documents if needed
- Address/phone book
- Trip itinerary
- Airplane tickets, or confirmation number for e-ticket
- Hotel and/or car reservation numbers
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Shampoo, conditioner, hair products
- Brush & comb
- Shaving gear
- Contact lens paraphernalia
- Skin cream, makeup
- Nail clippers
- Lip balm
- Ear plugs
- Insect repellent
- Afterbite, for insect bites
- Sun block
- Topical antibiotic ointment
- Disinfecting liquid like hydrogen peroxide or alcohol
- Cotton swabs
- Pain relief tablets
- Children’s pain/fever reliever
- Oral rehydration liquid or sachets
- Allergy medicine
- Feminine hygiene products
- Prescription medicines
- Smartphone & charger
- Camera and batteries & charger
- Camcorder or digital recorder & charger
- Tablet/laptop and/or DVD player and DVDs and/or portable game device
- Pen & paper
- Assorted plastic bags
- Assorted plastic containers
- Flashlight & batteries
- Needle and thread
- Travel alarm clock
- Small amount of dish and/or laundry soap
- Waterproof sheet
- Beach toys
- Water wings
- Snorkel & fins
- Water goggles
- Water shoes
- Underwater camera
If you’re not sure about the weather, pack layers so you can remain flexible (and prepared!).
- Two swimsuits
- Lots of t-shirts or other tops
- Long sleeved shirts
- Sweater or jacket
- A couple of nice outfits
- Rain gear
- Several sunhats – they always get lost
- Good walking shoes
- Sarongs – can be used as swimsuit cover-up and baby carrier
Specifically for Baby
- Formula or powdered milk
- Baby food
- Eating utensils
- Bottles & nipples
- Sippy cups
- Extra pacifiers
- ‘Special’ items like blankets, toys, etc.
- Crib bedding
- Changing pad
- Swim diapers
- Wipes (lots)
- Diaper cream
- Baby toiletries
- Bath toys
- More sunhats
- Approx 2 outfits per day if not planning on doing laundry
- Travel crib/cot
- Car seat
Don’t forget your baby’s doctors phone number just in case!
Use this link to print the checklist above. Did we forget something? Please let us know.
If you enjoyed this article read our other articles:
First published at www.frugalfanatic.com.
Additional source: www.babycenter.com